• Monday 15th July – HR induction, tour of the office and preparations for a visit from HRH The Duke of York
• Tuesday 16th July – HRH The Duke of York officially opens the North East office at Axis House, Team Valley in Gateshead
• Wednesday 17th July – learning more about the different types of marketing: B2C, B2B, as well as industry verticals. Created a budget spreadsheet for marketing spending
• Thursday 18th July – learning about tele-marketing and campaigns
• Friday 19th July – completing the review of The Duke’s visit, product pages for the website
What did I learn?
• How B2B marketing is different to B2C
• Different ways and channels of B2B marketing (for example: exhibitions, events, e-mail)
• The different roles within marketing
What did I like most about working in Pulsant?
• Learning how marketing works
• The friendly atmosphere
Would I consider a job in marketing?
I am still unsure about my career aspirations, but marketing is something I would consider, and the work experience will be useful.
Highlight of the week