DediPower (Asia) has just moved to a new data center in Hong Kong! The new infrastructure provides improved premises for housing mission critical data. Specifically it boasts the following features characteristic of an enterprise class facility:
- ISO accreditation to benchmark quality customer service and facilities management
- Enhanced overseas bandwidth (including China) provided by backbone CPCNet
- Dual feed from HK Electric and CLP to ensure uninterrupted power supply
Almost 2 years into our Asian operation, we’ve found that Hong Kong- apart from broadband networks covering virtually all commercial buildings and households, has other unique advantages as Asia’s regional hub:
- Totally liberalized telecommunications sector with no restrictions on foreign ownership
- Workforce with rich experience in cross cultural collaboration and deep expertise in business – technology integration
- Strategic location in the center of Asia with easy access to mainland China
According to Invest HK (www.investhk.gov.hk ), there are several drivers that will potentially trigger greater demand for our hosting services, including:
- Organisations are increasingly turning to outsourcing data storage and management needs to hosting companies, so that they can not only save costs, but focus on their core competency.
- Ranked 8th globally in EIU’s e-readiness survey, Hong Kong is a mature and sophisticated market ready for best of breed business applications. Growth sectors such as cloud computing, digital entertainment, social media are increasing the need for high bandwidth for consumers.
- The growth of Internet in developing countries surrounding Hong Kong is expected to continue.
As a result, Hong Kong’s compound annual growth rate for the datacentre sector is forecast to reach 9-10% over the next 3-5 years. With our new datacentre in place, we believe are better able to serve more businesses looking to reach the bourgeoning Orient.