- Day 1: Public Sector Show @ Excel Centre, London Docklands
- Day 2: HR induction, Ops & Marketing @ new Pulsant office, Axis House, Newcastle
- Day 3: Digital & web strategy @ BBI offices, Macclesfield
What did you learn?
- Meetings take longer than I thought
- (Lots of) different ways of targeting businesses through marketing
- Costs per click ads actually do cost real money!
- How accepting people are at Pulsant of me & how welcome they made me
What did you enjoy?
- Business side of the placement – exhibitions and marketing
- Learning business terms and concepts – B2B, B2C, compliance…
What didn’t you enjoy?
- Travel! London, Newcastle & Macclesfield in three days!
- Length of the digital marketing meeting (too long?)
- Experience was what I expected
- How many different jobs and sides involved in Marketing
What new things did you do?
- Met customers and prospects – hooking them in to our stand
- Sat through a long strategy meeting…
- Learnt about the HR side of business
…So has it changed your career aspirations?
- No, I’m committed to the sport route but it was quite interesting
- Could help me in the future