Reading East Colocation Data Centre Services
Tier 3 data centres in Reading; colocation space available for infrastructure & server hosting
The M4 corridor is a technology hotspot and has been described as England’s “Silicon Valley”. This site is located within Reading close to the M4 Junction 10.
The site contains 2 data centres, the first was built in 2007 to satisfy the growing demand for high quality Tier 3 data centre space within Reading. Due to the demand a double skin facility was brought online in 2011, which brings a number of advantages over traditional designs in terms of efficiency and greater levels of availability.
Take the Video Tour
All of Pulsant’s Data Centre Portfolio are designed to the highest and most advanced specification. We deliver efficiency, resiliency, continuity and ultra-fast connectivity that is second to none.
To find out more about how Pulsant can help your business grow, call our friendly team on 0845 119 9900
Standard solution features include:
- 24/7 on estate security with dog patrol
- Full CCTV & infrared monitoring of all data centre areas with 24 hour recording
- All access points have high strength steel automatic roller shutters
- Redcare GSM system security monitoring
- Full access control system with individual PAC cards remotely monitored and logged
- Smoke and fire detection with monitoring and suppression systems
- Facility operates to strict ISO standards
- Full Security Details »
- 1.5 mVA site power
- Independent HV substation (dual fed – part of a loop)
- 3.6kW 16 amps per rack as standard. Optional 7kW 32 amps per rack available
- N+1 UPS feeds to each rack as standard. Optional dual redundant power feeds N+1 (2N+1) available
- N+1 diesel standby generators with 24 hours of on-site fuel. 6 hour response refuelling
- 5 x 500kVA standby power generators in secure compound. Bio-fuel powered with separate feeds to transfer switches
- Parking available
- Kitchen facilities
- Multiple gigabit connections to London Telehouse East and Telehouse North
(VLANs or Wavelengths available)
- Multiple diverse fibre entry points at each data centre increasing reliability, redundancy and disaster recovery
- Selected fibre network providers and Tier 1 ISPs operating full BGP4+ for maximum network reach, traffic balancing and automatic rerouting
- Member of London Internet Exchange (LINX)
- Multiple carriers available
- Multi-gigabit redundant IP Transit connectivity
- Full Network Connectivity Details »
Suttons Business Park
Our data centre infrastructure is industry leading
To eliminate risk from outage, the site uses diverse supplier feeds from multiple grid points ensuring there is no single point of failure. The site takes a 1.5MvA dedicated substation, with 16 amp (dual powered if required) racks available. Diesel generators are located onsite in a secure compound. Read more »
Fire Detection & Suppression
Ensuring our infrastructure and customer equipment operate safely is one of our greatest concerns. The facility is equipped with advanced fire detection which continuously samples the air for smoke particles. In the event of an alert we have installed a FM200 suppression system.
Pulsant do everything possible to prevent unauthorised access to the site, buildings and data halls as well as to the rack housings themselves. We also have systems in place to identify and react to threats so that your infrastructure is protected from theft, damage or interference. Read more »
Data Centre Facilities
Pulsant have built a number of client facilities into the site to ensure any time you spend on site is comfortable. There is ample provision for client IT staff who may be required onsite, this includes parking, rest rooms, kitchen, build facilities, dedicated offices and meeting rooms.