Reading Central Data Centre Colocation
Tier 3 data centre in Reading; colocation space available for infrastructure and server hosting
The M4 corridor is a technology hotspot and has been described as England’s “Silicon Valley”. This site is located within Reading close to the M4 Junction 10.
This was the first data centre in Reading and led to 2 more facilities being brought online to satisfy the growing demand for high quality Tier 3 data centre space within Reading. With a strong team of highly skilled engineers and 10 data centres; Pulsant has the capacity and ability to accommodate any customer requirements.
Take the Video Tour
Each data centre within Pulsant’s portfolio is designed to the highest and most advanced specification. We deliver efficiency, resiliency, continuity and ultra-fast connectivity that is second to none.
To find out more about how Pulsant can help your business grow, call our friendly team on 0845 119 9900
Standard solution features include:
- Fully gated with access barrier system
- All access points have high strength steel barriers with bars on all windows
- Redcare GSM system security monitoring
- Full CCTV and infrared monitoring with 24 hour recording
- Full access control system with individual PAC cards remotely monitored and logged
- Smoke and fire detection with monitoring and response systems
- 600kVA available site power
- Independent HV substation (dual fed – part of a loop)
- 3.6kW 16 amps per rack
- N+1 UPS feeds to each rack as standard
- Diesel standby generators with 24 hours of on-site fuel and 6 hour response re-fuelling
- 4 x 300kVA standby power generators in secure compound; bio-fuel powered with separate feeds to transfer switches
- Redundant N+1 configuration Airedale CRAC down flow units.
- Cooling system in hot aisle/ cold aisle configuration.
- Operation designed for 21° Celsius +/- 3°C.
- Relative humidity controlled at 50% +/- 10%.
- Parking available
- Kitchen facilities
- Autonomous internal network with dark fibre connectivity between data centres
- Multiple gigabit connections to London Telehouse East and Telehouse North (VLANs or Wavelengths available)
- Diverse and multiple fibre entry points for increased reliability and redundancy
- Selected fibre network providers and Tier 1 ISPs operating full BGP4+ for maximum network reach, traffic balancing and automatic rerouting.
- Member of London Internet Exchange (LINX)
- Multi-gigabit redundant IP Transit connectivity
- Multiple carriers available
Rose Kiln Lane
Our data centre infrastructure is industry leading
To eliminate risk from outage, the site uses diverse supplier feeds from multiple grid points ensuring there is no single point of failure. The site has 600kVa power, an independent HV substation, reliable back-up sources and enough fuel onsite for 24 hours at full load (with frequent re-fuelling). Read more »
Fire Detection & Suppression
Ensuring our infrastructure and customer equipment operate safely is one of our greatest concerns. The facility is equipped with advanced fire detection systems which continuously sample the air for smoke particles and response systems in place to minimise disruption to your services.
Pulsant does everything possible to prevent unauthorised access to the site, buildings and data halls as well as to the rack housings themselves. We also have systems in place to identify and react to threats so that your infrastructure is protected from theft, damage or interference. Read more »
Data Centre Facilities
Pulsant have built a number of client facilities to ensure any time you spend on site is comfortable. There is ample provision for client IT staff who may be required on-site; this includes parking, rest rooms, kitchen, build facilities, dedicated offices and meeting rooms.